Medical malpractice occurs more than it should. This act is the result of neglect when performing a medical procedure, prescribing a medication, or simply performing an exam. Nationally, over 225,000 deaths occur due to medical malpractice. If death does not occur, the injuries become quite devastating.
Here are some examples of medical malpractice that a Minnesota medical malpractice lawyer has seen:
- Deaths due to unnecessary surgery
- Deaths due to medication errors in hospitals and doctor’s offices
- Deaths due to infections acquired in hospitals
- Deaths due to errors in a medical environment
- Deaths due to the negative effects of drugs
Injuries have occurred because of the above events and have resulted in lifelong disability.