Minnesota Slip and Fall Lawyer
Homeowners, businesses and local governments have a duty to provide a reasonably safe environment for people who come onto their property. This area of law is known as premises liability, and it covers people who are injured in slip and fall accidents, assaults and other injuries caused by dangerous property conditions.
At the law firm of Heimerl & Lammers in St. Paul, Minnesota, we offer a free initial consultation to answer your questions about premises liability law.
Am I Entitled to Compensation if I am injured on Someone Else’s Property?
Not necessarily. You are only entitled to compensation if you are injured due to the fault of the property owner. Here are some examples of fault in premises liability cases:
- Slipping on a spilled substance in a store that the owner had failed to clean up in a reasonable amount of time
- Slipping on ice or snow that a property owner had left on a sidewalk for several days
- Falling on stairs that are uneven or missing a guardrail
- An assault that occurs in a store or mall parking lot due to negligent security or inadequate lighting
- An injury caused by a fire
- An injury caused by structural failure in a home or other building
- An injured caused by a dangerous condition in an apartment that the landlord had failed to fix
The accident doesn’t have to be 100 percent the fault of the property owner. However, the property owner must have contributed to your injury by failing in his or her duty to keep the property reasonably safe.
UNLESS WE WIN
Our attorneys work on a contingent basis. This means that we will not charge you a fee unless we win either at trial or through settlement.
The percentage we charge will depend on the difficulty of your case, and the amount of time and money we estimate it will take to get you the most recovery for your damages.
OUR COMMITMENT TO
Promptly returning your calls
We return phone calls within 24 hours, and usually sooner.
Responding to your e-mails
We check our messages dozens of times a day.
Being available to meet you in person
If you want to speak to your lawyer face-to-face, you can get an appointment the next day.
Keeping you updated
Our lawyers will copy you on every document that we prepare on your behalf, from a doctor’s letter, to the court summons.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE
WE CAN HELP
Get a free consultation
E-mail for an Immediate Free Consultation with one of
our Attorneys. E-mails Answered 24-7.
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN YOUR CASE!