You may be eligible for vocational services if:
- You need help returning to work because of your injury; and
- Your employer is unable to offer you suitable gainful employment within your work restrictions.
Vocational rehabilitation services are planned by you, the employer/insurer and a qualified rehabilitation consultant (QRC). These services are:
- Modifying job duties to fit abilities;
- Finding work with a different employer if yours does not have suitable
- Training for a new job.
How do I ask for vocational rehabilitation?
You may ask for vocational rehabilitation at any time. If you think vocational rehabilitation services will be helpful, write to the insurer to request a rehabilitation consultation with a QRC.
A QRC conducts a vocational rehabilitation consultation to determine whether you are eligible for rehabilitation services. If you are eligible, the QRC will write a rehabilitation plan and coordinate rehabilitation services. The QRC will work with you, your employer and the insurer to plan the serviced you need to return to suitable gainful employment.
Choosing a qualified rehabilitation consultant
You may choose your own QRC or the insurer may refer you to one for the rehabilitation consultation. If you do not choose the QRC for the consultation, you may select one to provide the services. You have up to 60 days after a rehabilitation plan is filed to request a different QRC. Under certain circumstances, you may be entitled to a different QRC after the 60-day period. It is highly recommended that you choose your own QRC. An experienced workers compensation attorney can help you with this.
- Your rehabilitation plan may include retraining. Retraining is a formal course of study designed to assist an injured worker’s return to suitable gainful employment.
- Retraining benefits are limited to 156 weeks. Your QRC is responsible for preparing your retraining plan. It must be approved by the insurer and by the Department of Labor and Industry.
- If the insurer denies your retraining plan you can fight this.
The 612 Injured Difference
Being injured is serious. After you have sustained an injury, the world can seem like a scary place. Your boss may be pressuring you or threatening to retaliate. The aching pain makes it hard to operate how you usually do. You do not always know which way to turn, or how to get help.
That is where we step in. 612 Injured has a team of workers compensation attorneys who are second to none. We are with you at every point. Your case is personal to us. We give you big-firm resources that can give you small-firm attention.
When it comes to workers compensation, you will not find a law firm that is as dedicated, reliable, and devoted as we are. Other law firms will treat you like a number. With us, you are not Case #7489. You are you, with your own wants, desires, and needs.
Call us today. The earlier you get started, the easier it will be.
Permanent partial disability (PPD) benefits:
Permanent partial disability (PPD) benefits are payable for the permanent functional loss of use of the body based upon a disability schedule.
Ratings cannot exceed 100 percent of the whole body for any one injury. Permanent partial disability benefits can be paid concurrently with TPD and PTD, but not with TTD.
Determining the proper permanent partial disability rating and payment amount for a claim can be complicated.
- The spouse, children and/or other dependents of a worker who dies because of a work-related accident or occupational illness are eligible for dependency benefits.
- Workers’ compensation insurance also pays burial expenses. For dates of injury on or after April 28, 2000, the maximum amount is $15,000.
- For injuries on or after April 28, 2000, payment is made to the estate, if the deceased has no dependents.
UNLESS WE WIN
Our attorneys work on a contingent basis. This means that we will not charge you a fee unless we win either at trial or through settlement.
The percentage we charge will depend on the difficulty of your case, and the amount of time and money we estimate it will take to get you the most recovery for your damages.
OUR COMMITMENT TO
Promptly Addressing Your Needs
Our attorneys and staff will make sure that your concerns are addressed as soon as possible. We know that legal issues can be stressful and anxiety producing. We will do our best to work on your behalf towards a solution.
We aren’t here just to bill hours or cause unneeded disputes. We are here to serve you to get results. At all times we use our expertise and creativity to get the absolute best resolution to your legal issues.
Being Available to Meet You in Person
If you want to speak to your lawyer face-to-face, we have several Twin Cities office locations convenient for you.
Responding to your Inquiries
Whether by phone, email, text, fax or mail, our team will be available to answer your questions ASAP.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE
WE CAN HELP
Get a free consultation
E-mail for an Immediate Free Consultation with one of
our Attorneys. E-mails Answered 24-7.
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN YOUR CASE!