Minnesota Product Liability Lawyer
Product liability is when a product has caused injury to an individual. The products are defective in some way. Many times recalls will be issued once a product has been deemed defective and these recalls are the result of product liability lawsuits. Your Minnesota product liability lawyer will file a suit on your behalf if it is found that the product is, in fact, defective.
So how does a product become defective?
It is usually due to some kind of negligent practice on the part of the manufacturer. This is not done purposely, but defective products show that the manufacturer didn’t put certain measures in place to make sure injury would not occur when consumers used their product.
Creating a Product Liability Claim
When a lawsuit is brought about in a product liability case, the case includes the manufacturer, the wholesaler, and the distributor. Sometimes the case may also include the retailer. There are three main types of product liability cases in Minnesota. They include:
- A manufacturing defect – This means that the design of the product is fine, but something about it was not made correctly.
- A design defect – The product was manufactured the way it was meant to be manufactured, but has been deemed unsafe.
- Failure to warn or instruct – Something in the instructions was not warned about, resulting in injury.
The manufacturer has a duty to design a product that is safe for people to use and should give adequate warning of any dangers that may exist from using the product. However, warnings only work if the product cannot be made safer than it is. If it could be made safer and that can be proven, even warnings may not work in the manufacturer’s favor.
Product Liability Claim Tips
Your Minnesota product liability attorney will tell you what to do and what not to do after you have filed your claim. Here are some of the tips you should be given:
- Save the product, its documentation, and its packaging.
- Identify and retain as much information about the product as you possibly can. This includes the manufacturer’s name, the model name and number, serial number, and place and date of purchase.
- Store the project and make sure you do not change or modify it in any way.
- Obtain the contact information of any witnesses.
- Do not discuss the case details with anyone.
Minnesota Product Liability Attorney
If you have been injured due to a defective product or a product without the proper warnings, you need proper representation by your side. You can find the St. Paul product liability lawyer who will help you find the compensation that you deserve. Call 651-777-1811 or fill out the form on this site for your no-cost, no-obligation consultation. You should never have to be alone in your case. You should have aggressive representation that knows how to get to the bottom of things.
UNLESS WE WIN
Our attorneys work on a contingent basis. This means that we will not charge you a fee unless we win either at trial or through settlement.
The percentage we charge will depend on the difficulty of your case, and the amount of time and money we estimate it will take to get you the most recovery for your damages.
OUR COMMITMENT TO
Promptly returning your calls
We return phone calls within 24 hours, and usually sooner.
Responding to your e-mails
We check our messages dozens of times a day.
Being available to meet you in person
If you want to speak to your lawyer face-to-face, you can get an appointment the next day.
Keeping you updated
Our lawyers will copy you on every document that we prepare on your behalf, from a doctor’s letter, to the court summons.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE
WE CAN HELP
Get a free consultation
E-mail for an Immediate Free Consultation with one of
our Attorneys. E-mails Answered 24-7.
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN YOUR CASE!